Galapagos Explorer II
The Galapagos Explorer II is the largest of the Galapagos yachts we sell, and while we generally recommend smaller yachts for Galapagos cruises, the Explorer offers exceptional quality and service for those looking for a larger ship. Ideal for larger groups or for those concerned about seasickness, this yacht offers a maximum level of comfort during your tour and an exceptionally smooth ride. Very good itineraries, and the Explorer maintains both Smart Voyager and ISO certifications.
- Classification: Luxury Cruise Ship
- Number of Passengers: 100
- Accommodations: 50 suites ranging in size from 19.5 sq. m. to 26.7 sq. m. 4 balcony suites on upper (Explorer) deck, 12 balcony suites on the Erickson deck, and 8 balcony suites on the Marco Polo deck. Standard (Renaissance Panoramic and Classic) suites are distributed with 2 on the Erickson deck, 5 on the Marco Polo deck, 12 on the Columbus deck, and 7 on the lower Magellan deck. All suites offer private bath with hot/cold water, hair dryers, dressers, wireless internet, closets, safe, flat screen TV with 3 channels, mini bar, sofa and convertible double beds.
- Features: Conference room, piano bar, library, coffee station, play room, solarium, observation deck, restaurant, outdoor bar and double jacuzzi, elevator, medical center, massage services, and one glass bottom boat for excursions.
- Crew: Average of 70
- Diving offered: No
- Length: 8834 m
- Beam: 15.3 m
- Speed: 15 knots max
- Engines: MAN - B & W
- Built / Renovated: Built in La Spezzia, Italy
- Construction Type:
- Safety and Navigation Equipment: Furuno FR-1510 Mari III radar, Furuno FR-2125 Arpa radar, Furuno GPS, Shipmate satellite navigator, Anschultz gyro compass, Salwico fire alarm system, BMDSS Raytheon radio, satellite phones.
- Energy:110/220 v AC
- Water Capacity: Watermakers
Galapagos yachts all operate on a 14 day (2 week) circuit. This circuit is broken into shorter itineraries which can be combined; depending on the yacht, cruises can be as short as 4 days and as long as 15 days.
Starting or ending days are highlighted in the 15 day itinerary (day 1 and day 15 have the same activities); passengers arriving to the Galapagos Islands on these days will do the afternoon activity and passengers departing on these days will do the morning activity.
The Galapagos Explorer II offers cruises of 8 days, 7 days, 5 days and 4 days. Itinerary A can be taken for 7 days with passengers departing on day 7. The 5 day and 4 day itineraries can be combined for a different 8 day itinerary. All three itineraries can be combined to form a complete circuit of 15 days. One 8 day itinerary includes the southern and western area of the Galapagos, including Isabela and Fernandina, and the other (4 day plus 5 day) visits the eastern and central portion of the islands.
All itineraries listed below are subject to change or modification due to park regulations, airport restrictions, weather conditions, or other circumstances beyond the control of Eos or the yacht operators. They are listed as a service to provide general information as to which places in the Galapagos are typically visited by each yacht cruise.
Itineraries for 2013:
- Complete 15 day circuit
Operation Days: Saturday-Saturday
DAY 1 Arrive Baltra - Santiago: Sullivan Bay DAY 2 Bartolomé - Santiago: Playa Espumilla DAY 3 Isabela: Punta Vicente Roca - Fernandina: Punta Espinoza DAY 4 Isabela: Caleta Tagus - Bahia Elizabeth DAY 5 Floreana: Post Office - Punta Coromorant - Corona del Diablo - Champion DAY 6 San Cristobal: Galapaguera - Cerro Colorado - Cerro Brujo DAY 7 Santa Cruz: Los Gemelos - Charles Darwin Station DAY 8 Santa Cruz: Bachas - Cerro Dragon DAY 9 Genovesa: Darwin Bay - El Barranco DAY 10 North Seymour - Santa Cruz: Punta Carrion - El Chato DAY 11 San Cristobal: Punta Pitt - El Junco DAY 12 San Cristobal: Interpretation center - Cero Tijeretas DAY 13 Española: Gardner Bay - Islote Gardner - Islote Osborn - Punta Suarez DAY 14 Santa Cruz: Charles Darwin Station - South Plazas DAY 15 Depart Baltra
- 8 Days "A"
Operation Days: Saturday-Saturday
DAY 1 Arrive Baltra - Santiago: Sullivan Bay DAY 2 Bartolomé - Santiago: Playa Espumilla DAY 3 Isabela: Punta Vicente Roca - Fernandina: Punta Espinoza DAY 4 Isabela: Caleta Tagus - Bahia Elizabeth DAY 5 Floreana: Post Office - Punta Coromorant - Corona del Diablo - Champion DAY 6 San Cristobal: Galapaguera - Cerro Colorado - Cerro Brujo DAY 7 Santa Cruz: Los Gemelos - Charles Darwin Station DAY 8 Santa Cruz: Bachas - Depart Baltra
- 5 Days "B"
Operation Days: Saturday-Wednesday
DAY 1 Arrive Baltra - Cerro Dragon DAY 2 Genovesa: Darwin Bay - El Barranco DAY 3 North Seymour - Santa Cruz: Punta Carrion - El Chato DAY 4 San Cristobal: Punta Pitt - El Junco DAY 5 San Cristobal: Interpretation center - Depart San Cristobal
- 4 Days "C"
Operation Days: Wednesday - Saturday
DAY 1 Arrive San Cristobal - Cero Tijeretas DAY 2 Española: Gardner Bay - Islote Gardner - Islote Osborn - Punta Suarez DAY 3 Santa Cruz: Charles Darwin Station - South Plazas DAY 4 Depart Baltra