M/Y Aggressor I and Aggressor II
The virtually identical Galapagos Aggressors I & II have been operating as the premier live-aboard dive yachts in the Galapagos Islands since 1993. These yachts were custom designed, built and equipped to offer a safe and luxury dive operation. The operators were the first live-aboard dive company to offer a permanent itinerary that offers a dive program combined with land visits, and have been granted a specific permit for this combined program since 1994 from the Park authorities.
The yachts hold ISO 9001:2000 and 14001:2004 certifications. ISO 9001 applies to management and staff in regards to product assurance in everything from equipment being up to date and in good condition to the quality of the food received by the chef. The ISO 14001 certification relates to environmentally friendly operation of the yachts.
Note: The Aggressor II will no longer operate diving cruises after September 2013.
The Aggressors will operate two 8 day, 7 night itineraries. One will operate from January through May of 2013, the other from June through December to offer the best possible itineraries according to seasonal variations in the Galapagos.
All itineraries listed below are subject to change or modification due to park regulations, airport restrictions, weather conditions, or other circumstances beyond the control of Eos or the yacht operators. They are listed as a service to provide general information as to which places in the Galapagos are typically visited by each yacht cruise.
- 8 days January-May
Operation Days: Thursday - Thursday
DAY 1 Arrive Baltra - Orientation dive off Baltra DAY 2 Diving Punta Carrion (Santa Cruz) - Diving Bartolome - Hike Bartolome DAY 3 Diving Wolf including night dive DAY 4 Diving Darwin - Diving Wolf DAY 5 Diving Cabo Marshall including night dive DAY 6 Diving Cabo Douglas - Diving Punta Vicente Roca DAY 7 Diving Cousins Rock - Santa Cruz Highlands DAY 8 Depart Baltra
- 8 days June - December
Operation Days: Thursday - Thursday
DAY 1 Arrive Baltra - Orientation dive off Baltra DAY 2 Diving Punta Carrion (Santa Cruz) - Diving Bartolome - Hike Bartolome DAY 3 Diving Wolf including night dive DAY 4 Diving Darwin including night dive DAY 5 Diving Wolf DAY 6 Diving Cabo Douglas - Diving Punta Vicente Roca DAY 7 Diving Cousins Rock - Santa Cruz Highlands DAY 8 Depart Baltra
- Classification: Luxury Diving Yacht
- Number of Passengers: Aggressor I carries 16 passengers, the Aggressor II carries 14 passengers.
- Accommodations: 8 cabins; 4 "Master Suites" on the upper deck with picture windows and two twin beds which can be combined for one large bed, and 4 "Deluxe" cabins with two twin beds and porthole windows on the lower deck. All cabins offer private bath and shower, hair dryers, closet, and TV/DVD/MP3 equipment
- Features: The Galapagos Aggressors have beautiful spacious salons, large sun decks with shading, chaise lounges and deck chairs, bar, grill, hot tub, and a complete photo/video center. Diving deck offers personal lockers, freshwater showers, rinse tank and camera table. Diving equipment available for rental.
- Crew: 8
- Diving offered: Yes
- Length: 30.8 m
- Beam: 6.8 m
- Speed: 10 knots
- Engines:(2) Turbo diesel engines, 300hp each.
- Built / Renovated: 1992-1994; fully renovated 2006-2007
- Construction Type: Steel monohull
- Safety and Navigation Equipment: 406 EPIRB (emergency position indicator radio beacon), 2 radars (24 mile and 48 mile), compass, Global Positioning System (GPS), depth sounder with alarm, 4 VHF radios, SSB radio, satellite phone, first aid kits, DAN oxygen system, defibrillator, fire and smoke detection system, life rafts.
- Energy: (2) 100kw generators, 110 V / 220 V AC
- Water Capacity: 4800 gal + Watermaker; 1200 gal/day