M/Y Galapagos Sky
One of the premier diving yachts in the Galapagos. Aboard the M/Y Galapagos Sky, you can explore Darwin's living laboratory while luxuriating in all the creature comforts of a Peter Hughes Diving (TM) custom-built dive vessel for up to 16 divers. Fully equipped for diving, the yacht offers spacious cabins, fine dining, and two dive masters on board. Sky Dancer's 7 night itinerary offers a total of approximately 17 to 18 dives and 2 land excursions, and includes the islands of Wolf and Darwin, considered among the best dive sites in the world. Most dives are drift dives along the cliff faces of offshore rocks and pinnacles.
The Galapagos Sky will operate two 8 day, 7 night itineraries. One will operate from January through May of 2013, the other from June through December to offer the best possible itineraries according to seasonal variations in the Galapagos.
All itineraries listed below are subject to change or modification due to park regulations, airport restrictions, weather conditions, or other circumstances beyond the control of Eos or the yacht operators. They are listed as a service to provide general information as to which places in the Galapagos are typically visited by each yacht cruise.
- 8 days January-May
Operation Days: Sunday - Sunday
DAY 1 Arrive San Cristobal - Dive Isla Lobos (check dive) DAY 2 Dive Cousins Rocks - North Seymour Land Visit DAY 3 Diving Ciudad de las Mantas (near Cabo Marshall) - Diving Cabo Marshall - Diving Punta Vicente Roca DAY 4 Diving Darwin DAY 5 Diving Wolf DAY 6 Diving Roca Redondo - Diving Punta Vicente Roca DAY 7 Diving Isla Pinzon - Santa Cruz Highlands DAY 8 San Cristobal: Interpretation Center - Depart San Cristobal
- 8 days June - December
Operation Days: Sunday - Sunday
DAY 1 Arrive San Cristobal - Dive Isla Lobos (check dive) DAY 2 Dive Bartolome - Land Visit Bartolome - Dive Cousins Rock DAY 3 Diving Wolf DAY 4 Diving Darwin DAY 5 Diving Wolf DAY 6 Diving Cabo Marshall - Diving Punta Vicente Roca DAY 7 Diving Isla Pinzon - Santa Cruz Highlands DAY 8 San Cristobal: Interpretation Center - Depart San Cristobal
Galapagos Sky 8 day itinerary, January - May 2013 (click to enlarge):
Galapagos Sky 8 day itinerary, June - December 2013:
- Classification: Luxury
- Number of Passengers: 16
- Accommodations: 16 passengers in eight private cabins; 4 Master Cabins (upper deck with picture windows) and 4 Deluxe Cabins (lower deck with porthole windows). All cabins have two twin beds (which can be combined to form one king size bed in master cabins) with window view or port light, private bath with hot water, mirrored cabinet and wardrobe, bathrobes, hairdryer and toiletries.
- Features: Designed for diving with ample space for dive gear and a camera table. Fully air conditioned, spacious lounge and dining area with audio/video entertainment center, dive platforms with fresh water showers, full dive equipment, and multiple sun decks for relaxing and sunbathing
- Crew: Two dive masters plus crew
- Diving offered: Yes
- Length: 30.8 m
- Beam: 7.4 m
- Speed: 12 knots cruising
- Built / Renovated:Built 2001
- Construction Type:
- Safety and Navigation Equipment: EPIRB (emergency position indicator radio beacon), Navigational Aids: VHF and HI-SUB radios, GMDSS, color radar, echo sounder, Furuno GPS
- Energy: 110 V / 220 V AC
- Water Capacity: 6000 gal + Watermaker; 4500 gal/day
- Compressors: Two high / two low pressure