Quito and the surrounding area offer a number of options for day tours, oriented toward surrounding towns and communities or to impressive, pristine natural areas. If you plan to visit Cuenca or Guayaquil, there are also a number of possible day tours we can arrange from either of these cities as well; from Guayaquil, visit mangroves and observe dolphins or relax on beautiful beaches, and from Cuenca, visit the impressive Cajas National Park, a world biosphere reserve.
Below are some excellent options for day tours from Quito:
- The town of Otavalo, with its famous indigenous market, including visits to an impressive sacred waterfall and the crater lake of Cuicocha
- Cotopaxi National Park, a tour including a visit to the refuge at 4800 meters and an optional hike to the glacier line...mountain biking tours are also possible through the park
- The spectacular cloud forests around Mindo, with various options for your tour
- Papallacta, a small mountain town with Ecuador's nicest hot springs complex, set in a spectacular mountain valley
- The town of Otavalo, with its famous indigenous market, including visits to an impressive sacred waterfall and the unique crater lake of Cuicocha
- A city tour of Quito, including visits to the Mitad del Mundo museum and a trip on the teleferico to 4100 meters with spectacular views of the city below
- Climbing tours to the Pichincha or Pasachoa volcanoes
We can also arrange tours according to specific interests, whether visits within Quito, cultural visits, or outdoor adventure activities. Please contact us for more details, or let us know your specific interests and we would be happy to suggest one or more day trips for you.